[Mediawiki-l] Accents & Umlaute

zelulax zelulax at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 18:59:55 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm installing several language wikis, among others german and spanish, that
need accents and "Umlauts" in some article names. Is there any way to set
wiki to ignore those accents/Umlauts?

Example: when adding the article "España", when the user types in "Espana"
he should be redirected automatically to "España".

I used the function #REDIRECT [[Article Name]], but the main problem is: the
redirection counts as another article, so the statistic (total page number)
is not correct. Any alternative available?

Thanks in advance

Z.