[Mediawiki-l] Lucene and MWSearch problems

wikiLucene think411 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 14:23:10 UTC 2007

I am getting errors when trying to compile MWSearch and get Lucene running.
I am following these instructions:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Installing_lucene_search

And when I get to the part about running make for MWSearch it gives me the
following errors:

53664-jpbaello:/srv/www/htdocs/mwsearch # make
mcs -target:library -out:build/MWSearch.dll \
     \
        -r:build/log4net.dll -r:build/Lucene.Net.dll -r:build/Nini.dll \
        Search/Article.cs Search/AssemblyInfo.cs Search/Configuration.cs
Search/EnglishAnalyzer.cs Search/EsperantoAnalyzer.cs Search/SearchPool.cs
Search/SearchReader.cs Search/SearchState.cs Search/SearchWriter.cs
Search/SearchState.cs(33,8): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `RU'
does not exist in the namespace `Lucene.Net.Analysis'. Are you missing an
assembly reference?
Search/SearchState.cs(33,2): error CS0246: The type or namespace name
`Lucene.Net.Analysis.RU' could not be found. Are you missing a using
directive or an assembly reference?
Search/SearchState.cs(34,8): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `DE'
does not exist in the namespace `Lucene.Net.Analysis'. Are you missing an
assembly reference?
Search/SearchState.cs(34,2): error CS0246: The type or namespace name
`Lucene.Net.Analysis.DE' could not be found. Are you missing a using
directive or an assembly reference?
Search/SearchState.cs(33,8): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `RU'
does not exist in the namespace `Lucene.Net.Analysis'. Are you missing an
assembly reference?
Search/SearchState.cs(33,2): error CS0246: The type or namespace name
`Lucene.Net.Analysis.RU' could not be found. Are you missing a using
directive or an assembly reference?
Search/SearchState.cs(34,8): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `DE'
does not exist in the namespace `Lucene.Net.Analysis'. Are you missing an
assembly reference?
Search/SearchState.cs(34,2): error CS0246: The type or namespace name
`Lucene.Net.Analysis.DE' could not be found. Are you missing a using
directive or an assembly reference?
Compilation failed: 8 error(s), 0 warnings
make: *** [build/MWSearch.dll] Error 1

And if I comment out the different language files it will give me other
errors in other files.  Any ideas?

I am running SuSe 10.1 Apache2 PHP5 MySQL5

Thanks!