[Mediawiki-l] that awful <ref> syntax

Monahon, Peter B. Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV
Thu Dec 13 11:10:24 UTC 2007

> Earlier: "...it would help to use syntax
> coloring (when in edit mode) to make
> the [wikimarkup] tags, and what's
> contained in them be another color..."

Doh - so simple!

I vote for this ... until we have a true, backward compatible
IPE-WYSIWYG = In Place Editing, not in a subsequent window, What You See
Is What You Get, in other words, click and start editing IN PLACE
anything you see on a wiki page.

The color idea is probably still not section 508 compliant (see
http://www.section508.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=content&ID=12 and so on),
but it would be a super simple aid to novice - and well practices -
editors, nonetheless!