[Mediawiki-l] Database error (searchindex corrupted)

Scott Mohnkern Scott.Mohnkern at noaa.gov
Tue Dec 11 16:51:49 UTC 2007

We've been running mediawiki 1.5.5 for a significant period of time
(more than a year), on a RHEL 3 box with Mysql 4 on it.

Recently we upgraded the box (well, really rebuilt the box) to RHEL5,
which has mysql5 on it.

Now we're seeing a sporadic error when editing entries in mediawiki:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the
software. The last attempted database query was:

   (SQL query hidden)

from within function "SearchMySQL4::update". MySQL returned error "145:
Table
'./wikidb/searchindex' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
(localhost)".

The entry updates, and I can go in and run a table repair in mysql, that
works just fine, however, it's a bit annoying.

I assume (maybe incorrectly) that the media wiki we are running is
expecting mysql4, and we're now running mysql 5 and this is the problem.

Would upgrading to 1.11.0 resolve the issue?  Or perhaps there's
something else going on.

Thanks for your time,

Scott