[Mediawiki-l] Replacing / Changing Page Editor

P. Hightower sgriobhadair at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 21:56:25 UTC 2007

Emufarmers Sangly wrote:
> There are various WYSIWYG extensions and hacks on MediaWiki.org <
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WYSIWYG_editor>.  You'll probably want to
> start with the FCK or Wikiwyg extensions.

I don't know if this would help anyone else but speaking for myself, I'd
be more interested in an external client side program that can provide a
WYSIWYG interface for users to create and edit pages, effectively
offline, to be uploaded into a MediaWiki based site. Has anyone else
thought about such a thing? Are there programs out there like that? I
looked a few months ago and didn't see anything like this.