[Mediawiki-l] Replacing / Changing Page Editor

Derek B chintue at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 19:49:14 UTC 2007

Hi Everybody,

  I have setup the most recent version of mediawiki on my own single server for a small group project (1,600 people). After setting up Apache, MySQL, and mediawiki, I was crestfallen. There seems to be absolutely no way to change the page editor into a WYSIWYG editor. Most of the people invovled in this project only have enough patience (myself included) to edit and build through a GUI that doesn't require manual coding of the material.

  Does anyone know of a more user-friendly wiki, or of a way to accomplish this with mediawiki?

  Thank you in advance!