[Mediawiki-l] Installing MediaWiki in public_html and PHP5 Queries

atticus at adventurevacationtrip.com atticus at adventurevacationtrip.com
Sun Dec 9 06:56:59 UTC 2007

Hi,

I recently installed mediawiki 1.11.0 in public_html. At first, it
prompted me that I am not using php5 and have to install via a .php5
link. I followed the link and came to a 'checking environment' page.
At the page, it says PHP 5.25 is installed (?) and gave me the
go-ahead to install mediawiki.

After the installation, I found that when I go to my domain
(http://example.com), my browser prompted me to download a file with
my domain's name as the filename. To see my page, I have to go
directly to http://example.com/index.php5.

So I do a search and thought I can solve the problem by adding
AddHandler x-httpd-php5 .php
AddHandler x-httpd-php .php4
to .htaccess. Well, it doesn't work.

Anybody can advice? Is it possible in my case to use .php instead of
.php5? Should I edit the .htaccess file before installation and not
after? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Atticus