[Mediawiki-l] user-"tracking"

Gabriel Millerd gmillerd at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 07:24:50 UTC 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 2:31 PM, vpnl <vpnl at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello, I use a wiki in a comlexe workgroup.
> I'm interested in knowing on which pages the other members of our
> workgroup have been... where they looked
> and a kind of statistics which page was shown most etc....
>
> is there a possibility like that in mediawiki?

This could be easily done with most access.log programs especially
given prime for harvesting name space and page syntax of the pages wm
uses. Clearly 'top search terms' and what not already in your access
log do this already

/w/index.php?title=BigPlans

if you need to combine
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_usertrack.html that also
becomes easy to do to understand what is going on with the website

Depending on how people auth to the website if REMOTE_USER is the
method you can add that directly to the access log as well.

--
Gabriel Millerd