[Mediawiki-l] $user->isLoggedIn()

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Fri Aug 31 19:20:54 UTC 2007

On Aug 31, 2007, at 2:09 PM, Minute Electron wrote:

> On 8/31/07, Jim Hu <jimhu at tamu.edu> wrote:
>>  From what I can tell, $user->isLoggedIn() tells whether a user

<snip>
> All users regardless of whether they are logged in or not have a user
> ID (anonymous == user id 0) so the only check that needs to be made is
> whether the user id is a positive integer.

 From what I can tell, $user->isLoggedIn returns the userid in the
database, but
$_SESSION['wsUserID'] behaves as you describe, changing from 0 to 1
and back when I log in or out.
Interestingly, it seems to not care if I'm viewing the wiki from
different browsers, while MW itself recognizes them as different
sessions.  I think I can live with that.

Now I just have to get the blog to be able to send a logout to both
itself and the wiki, which I'm guessing I can do by overwriting
$_SESSION['wsUserID'].

Thanks!

JH