[Mediawiki-l] LdapAuthentication plugin version 1.1f released
Ryan.Lane at ocean.navo.navy.mil
Fri Aug 31 15:01:29 UTC 2007
This is a bug fix and enhancement release.
A performance enhancement was made with respect to user and group
searching. You can now define separate baseDNs for groups and users;
this is helpful if you have a very large directory, and don't want to
search your entire directory information tree.
Currently the enhancements aren't documented in the official
documentation; they should be in the next couple of days.
A couple major bug fixes related to $wgLDAPUseLocal, and nested group
restriction are included with this release. If you are having problems
with either of these, or had problems in the past and disabled those
features, please upgrade to this release.
* Added configuration options to specify search bases for users, and
* Added a configuration option for modifying LDAP options on connect
(patch from Daniel Marczisovszky)
* Integrated the code from
[[mw:Extension:LDAP_Authentication#Better_support_for_groups]] so that
other extensions can use all available LDAP groups
* Added checks for the php_ldap module; the plugin will fail gracefully
if it does not exist
* Added better debug information for (nested) group restrictions
* Fixed Special:Preferences prints PHP warning, "Undefined index:
wsDomain in ''PATH''/LdapAuthentication.php" issue
* Fixed issue where allowPasswordChange() didn't check for
* Fixed issue where local usernames were munged when $wgLDAPUseLocal was
* Fixed issue where local users were created with a blank password when
$wgLDAPUseLocal was enabled
* Fixed Nested Groups bug
* Changed link in source to point to mediawiki.org instead of meta
For downloads, or more information, please see:
More information about the MediaWiki-l