[Mediawiki-l] creating categories

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Thu Aug 30 14:58:38 UTC 2007

On Aug 30, 2007, at 4:17 AM, Michael Heyder wrote:
> <snip>

> Well,
>
> the wiki creates it automatically ...
>
> But the thing I want is a gui-based cat-creation. Someting based on a
> formular.
>
> Example:
> Do you wanna create a new category: input-field -> submit-button
> and in the case it should be a subcat, select a parent-cat before

I'm not envisioning where this GUI interface would be.  On each
article?  In the sidebar?  On a Special page?

I suspect that you could modify Inputbox.php to do this.  I'm pretty
sure you could do it without much modification by putting the
inputbox on your Category pages and putting the option to create the
subcategory there.  That way the parent category is whatever category
page you're starting from.

Jim