[Mediawiki-l] Odd problems with pages dropping out of categories

Richard Hulse rhulse at paradise.net.nz
Wed Aug 29 09:54:29 UTC 2007

I have version 1.9.3 running on a LAMP server and I have two problems.

One is that pages seem to be removing themselves from Categories. I
cannot find any pattern to this at all - it is random as fas as I can
tell. Pages that have not been edited for months just remove themselves.

To fix the broken category links while working out problem 1, I ran
updateall.php. Now I have nothing in any of the categories. I also ran
refreshlinks.php

Pages saved via the web browser appear (and reappear) in Categories when
they are saved.

There are no outstanding jobs.

I have full access to the server, but not sure where to start on this...

Thanks.