[Mediawiki-l] rsvg binaries for windows

Emanuele D'Arrigo manu3d at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 10:40:37 UTC 2007

On 8/26/07, Platonides <Platonides at gmail.com> wrote:
> Emanuele D'Arrigo wrote:
> > Are you asking if I'm sure that I'm dealing with proper SVG files?
> > Yes, Inkscape opens them just fine, it's only when invoked
> > through MediaWiki that the dreaded "Error creating thumbnail:" shows
> > up with no further explanation. The debug log gives me the command
> > that MW is trying to run but that works fine when I run it through
> > a shell. So, I'm kind declaring myself defeated on SVGs for the
> > moment... =(
>
> Does the account under which Apache runs have proper permissions to read
> the svg / write the thumbnail?
> If the same command works in a shell, the account under which it's run
> could be the difference.

Good thinking, this is something also Rob suggested.
I haven't had the chance to verify this specific aspect yet.
I am pessimistic about it because MW's account is
perfectly capable of writing files to the filesystem given
that the upload function works just fine. So, if there is
a problem with the account it'd have to be some sort
of impossibility to run non-MW commands. To me this
sounds a bit unlikely but it needs to be tested nevertheless.

Ciao!

Manu