[Mediawiki-l] $dbr->selectDB

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Sat Aug 25 16:08:24 UTC 2007

How about prefixing with we to indicate it's a wiki extension table?
So, I would convert my box, row, and row_metadata tables trom the
TableEdit extenstion to

	weTableEdit_box
	weTableEdit_row
	weTableEdit_row_metadata

For the Vote extension, the table would become

	weVote

How does that sound? Or should we use an underscored prefix, e.g.
"ext_".  I know there will never be hard and fast rules, but it seems
to me that if the core devs agree to some prefix that will not be
used for the core schema, then the extensions only have to worry
about conflicting with each other. And we could create a registry on
mediawiki.org for extension db tables.

Jim