[Mediawiki-l] Extension:EmailArticle

Gary Kirk gary.kirk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 18:36:36 UTC 2007

I don't understand the first part, not being a programmer, but I'll
try the middle bit, thanks.
Do you know of any similar, simpler extension, or does anyone fancy
writing one, because I don't quite understand the bit about selecting
from a group, and the fact that I can only set it so sysops or anyone
can send articles by email, 'user' or any other defined user group
doesn't work.
Thanks,

On 8/24/07, Rob Church <robchur at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24/08/07, Gary Kirk <gary.kirk at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I installed this (mw:Extension:EmailArticle) today and I have some
> > issues with it which I asked the author about on his user talk page,
> > but more generally I wonder if someone can adapt it. Currently the
> > toolbox link displays on every page in all namespaces, and is able to
> > 'send' pages like Special:Preferences, which display in the email as
> > MediaWiki:Noarticletext, which looks help. Anyone know about removing
> > the link & functionality?
>
> I've just grabbed the extension with a view to hacking in the
> specified bits, but looking at the code, I'm not sure I want to. There
> seem to be some odd things going on; mismash usage of the Database
> class interspersed with mysql_* functions...direct access to $_REQUEST
> rather than using the nice WebRequest sanitisation...
>
> However, line 41 could be changed to `if( $title instanceof Title &&
> $title->isContentPage() ) {`, which will stop the tab appearing on
> non-articles. It won't stop the user forcing the special page to
> "send" invalid pages (e.g. special pages), but that's due to poor
> design on the part of the author.
>

> Rob Church

Gary Kirk