[Mediawiki-l] Add toolbar to extension forms?

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 05:40:21 UTC 2007

On 23/08/07, Jim Hu <jimhu at tamu.edu> wrote:
> So... the general question is can one add the toolbar to forms in
> extension Special Pages with more than one textarea, and if so, how?

Offhand, I very much suspect that the editing toolbar is hardcoded to
affect the element with ID "wpTextbox1". It may be quite
straightforward to abstract this slightly so that the toolbar could be
injected onto any page via a simple function call, given a specific
identifier upon which to work -- in fact, it would be a very desirable
situation, I would think.

> Similar question wrt adding the insertChar extension to Special Pages.

Most likely very similar, and again, some additional flexibility would
certainly be welcome here.

Rob Church