[Mediawiki-l] How to export user password from Mediawiki MySQL database to OpenLDAP

Yifan (Eric) Jiang e.jiang at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Aug 22 22:22:09 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I am currently working in a project which requires to exporting user
information from Mediawiki MySQL database to OpenLDAP directory (with
Berkeley database). Everything is fine except the password issue. I am
not sure what hash algorithm does Mediawiki use to hash user password,
(But I guess it may be MD5). However, I can't get the same hash value by
using OpenLDAP slappasswd with {MD5}, {SHA}, {SMD5}, {CRYPT} AND {SSHA}
algorithms. Therefore I am wondering if any one has similar experience
that can share with me. Any hints, tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Eric Jiang