[Mediawiki-l] How to tell if memcached is working

Seth Brundle brundlefly76 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 22:06:57 UTC 2007

I seem to have everything working perfectly for memcached, but I dont see any difference in benchmarking a default pageview ie:

ab -n 100 http://192.168.0.40/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

shows the same result (about 7 requests per second) whether memcached is running or not.

Is this not an appropriate test to see if memcached is working, or is memcached simply not observable with a local unloaded mysql server?

When I run squid, requests jump into the 4000+ RPS range.

Details:
FreeBSD 6.2, apache 1.3, php 5, mysql 5 (local), memcached-1.2.2, PECL/memcache-2.1.2, mediawiki-1.10.1