[Mediawiki-l] SVG conversion error

Emanuele D'Arrigo manu3d at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 16:07:41 UTC 2007

On 8/22/07, Brion Vibber <brion at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> > thumbnail failed on myhost: error -1 "" from "C:/jdk141/bin/java.exe
> 1) Do those forward slashes really work on Windows?

Windows -seems- to digest them, but PHP certainly does.
I.e., if you look into include/DefaultSettings.php, it uses forward slashes.

> 2) Are file/directory permissions appropriately set up?

I don't see how Special:Upload would work if that wasn't the case.
The conversion process works in the same directories.

Sure, I could look into the possibility of MediaWiki not being
permitted to run a process such as Java or Inkscape or
ImageMagick. I don't see why it shouldn't be able to, but
I'll check it out.

Ciao!

Manu