[Mediawiki-l] How to export and import from a command line?

Alexis Moinet alexis.moinet at fpms.ac.be
Wed Aug 22 08:55:04 UTC 2007

Dennis Carr wrote :
> So that said, what would be the fastest way to do this?

afaik : mysql database backup and then import on the new server

> Do I do an export from the command line and re-import the same way (and how would I
> do this?)

I think it's maintenance/dumpBackup.php (with --full option to have the full history exported) and importDump.php but I've no idea how reliable/up-to-date (and how fast) it is ...

> or would it be a simple case of transplanting the database from the mysql console

yes

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/2007-June/021378.html

> And if the former, how would I turn off the "don't export history" bit?

--full option in the command line