[Mediawiki-l] How to export and import from a command line?

Dennis Carr dennisthetiger at chez-vrolet.net
Wed Aug 22 07:43:33 UTC 2007

Here's the skinny: I'm in the process of expanding one wiki (located at
http://chez-vrolet.net/octawiki) by means of expanding its scope (new
install at http://wikibus.net/wiki).  The simplest way I can think of to
do this is to do an export of all files as XML files using the standard
Export tool, and then accordingly import them into the newer wiki.
Problem is though that I'm stuck on doing this from the command line -
it would be, quite frankly, much faster than exporting each article and
reimporting it all through the web interface.

(For what it's worth, the ultimate plan is that, in this wiki's case,
each agency would get a subdomain of its own just for organizational sake.)

So that said, what would be the fastest way to do this?  Do I do an
export from the command line and re-import the same way (and how would I
do this?), or would it be a simple case of transplanting the database
from the mysql console (again, how?)  And if the former, how would I
turn off the "don't export history" bit?

-Dennis Carr