[Mediawiki-l] new user to mediawiki has question

Emufarmers Sangly emufarmers at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 03:27:45 UTC 2007

On 8/20/07, Eric Schayer <ericnyc1000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1) How do I unlock the discussion page so that anyone
> can post to it, without them being able to edit the
> main page?

Talk pages aren't automatically protected when their parent articles are.
If they were, they wouldn't be very useful!

It sounds like you're using some sort of customized wiki-wide access
restrictions, like the ones at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Preventing_Access#Restrict_editing_of_an_entire_namespace
If so, what are you using? (This will also help determine the answer for
your fourth question.)

2) The <ref> and <references/> tags do not work

You need Cite.php (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Cite).

> 3) How do I find out which version of MediaWiki I'm
> running?

example.com/wiki/Special:Version

--
Arr, ye emus, http://emufarmers.com