[Mediawiki-l] DeleteOldRevisions syntax

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 20:19:41 UTC 2007

On 20/08/07, Paul Coghlan <pcoghlan at usa.net> wrote:
> When I attempt to run it with simply php xxx/xx/xx/DeleteOldRevisions.php I
> get streams of text followed by a message effectively telling me I bust the
> memory limits. It is trying to process 200k pages all at once.

That's because I was on more code crack when I wrote that collection
of scripts than when I wrote maintenance/importImages.php. It does
some frightfully wasteful querying and I doubt it's been updated to
leave the database in anything like a consistent state for some time.

I recommend not using it.

Rob Church