[Mediawiki-l] Rebuildall versus job queue?

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 16:36:48 UTC 2007

On 19/08/07, Paul Coghlan <pcoghlan at usa.net> wrote:
> After running the rebuildall script am I able to truncate the job table?
>
> I ask as it would seem that rebuildall effectively does what clearing the
> job queue would otherwise do.

Not *all* jobs are those pertaining to link updates; under some
configurations, the job queue is also used for email notifications,
user renaming (with the RenameUser extension), etc. - plus extensions
can add custom jobs.

In short, it's not safe to assume that maintenance/rebuildAll.php will
have performed operations equivalent to all those queued in the job
table in all cases.

You can run maintenance/runJobs.php to process the entire job queue.

Rob Church