[Mediawiki-l] WikiSysop creation?

Gary Kirk gary.kirk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 22:02:02 UTC 2007

As long as you enter the same DB details as before, the only touch it
should make to the DB is creating that user. It'll look and see that
the existing tables are already there. Backup first though, and let
someone else vet what I've said before you do it. It's the method I
use when upgrading, however.

On 8/17/07, Peter Laws <plaws at ou.edu> wrote:
> Gary Kirk wrote:
> > It would perhaps be easier to re-run the web-based installer, with
> > which you can create the WikiSysop user (or whatever you want the
> > username of the initial bureaucrat and sysop to be) - rename
> > LocalSettings.php to, say, LocalSettingsCopy.php and refresh the wiki
> > in your browser, which will cause the install to re-run, as long as
> > you didn't delete the /config directory. Using your
> > LocalSettingsCopy.php file, enter the details & WikiSysop user.
>
> And my DB stays untouched, right, so all the content (which is not a whole
> lot just yet) is untouched, right???
>
> The MySQL route may be better ...
>

> Someone asked:
>
>      * MediaWiki: 1.10.1
>      * PHP: 5.1.6 (apache2handler)
>      * MySQL: 5.0.22
>

> --
> Peter Laws / N5UWY
> National Weather Center / Network Operations Center
> University of Oklahoma Information Technology
> plaws at ou.edu

> + Ranked 10th in PC Magazine's 2007 Top 20 Wired Campuses
> + Computerworld 2006 100 Best Places to Work in IT

Gary Kirk