[Mediawiki-l] WikiSysop creation?

Peter Laws plaws at ou.edu
Fri Aug 17 14:27:31 UTC 2007

Jean-Lou Dupont wrote:
> The default WikiSysop is created upon creation of the Wiki. If you want
> to change the password, you must know the current password (!).
> On the other hand, if you forgot the password to your WikiSysop, why
> don't you use the 'E-Mail password' feature of the Log In page?

Were that it were so easy.  I was never prompted to create a "WikiSysop"
user.  I was prompted to create a wikiuser for the DB (MySQL if it makes a
difference), but never WikiSysop.

If I enter WikiSysop, and try to email the password to me (or wherever), I get:

Login error:
Error sending mail: There is no e-mail address recorded for user "WikiSysop".

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
plaws at ou.edu