[Mediawiki-l] DateTime calculation?

Emanuele D'Arrigo manu3d at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 11:32:04 UTC 2007

On 8/17/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't think I can do datetime arithmetics with that extension alone.
> > Can you?
>
> I think so, just use #expr. For example, tomorrow would be
> {{#expr:{{CURRENTDAY}}+1}}.

Sure, your suggestion would work for most days of the month.
But what about the last day of the month or the last day of the year?
You add 1 and you get 30th of february or 32nd of december. =)

What I was asking is something like

{{#expr:{{CURRENTDATE}}+1}}

To solve the problem I wrote my first MW extension. I have to
ask permission to the company I'm working for to publish it but
I don't think it's gonna be a problem. I'll announce it here when it
happens.

Ciao!

Manu