[Mediawiki-l] Wiki Groups Help !!

Sowmya Dhanasekaran sowmyamd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 06:14:32 UTC 2007

Hello all,

We are trying to setup a wiki for collaboration and need some advice.

Requirements

1. authentication via LDAP
2. group content private to groups (groups defined in LDAP)
3. group content needs to be private across any pages created by group
members
4. authentication should flow to any new pages created by group

Example

I will have 25 project teams of 6 students, 1-2 faculty, and 1-5 industry
participants. Each team will have their own wiki page(s) for collaboration and
information sharing. No one outside of the team and the program director
(who needs access to all pages) should be able to access the team's wiki.

Requested Info

Can you recommend a wiki that fits the bill? Or is there a way to do this
in MediaWiki ? We are trying to avoid a major customization process.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Sowmya