[Mediawiki-l] ParserFunctions seem not to be working

Frank Middleton f.middleton at apogeect.com
Thu Aug 16 20:18:26 UTC 2007

Rob Church wrote:
> On 16/08/07, Frank Middleton <f.middleton at apogeect.com> wrote:
>> Having spent a day re-reading TFM and Googling, I am getting
>> no closer to solving a problem with parser functions not working.
>>
>> Something complicated like DPL works like a charm, but not something
>> basic like {{#if: {{{x|}}}|yes|no}} which renders as {{#if: |yes|no}}.
>> Obviously I am missing something /really/ fundamental! I believe it
>> is installed correctly:
>>
>> Special pages Special:Version:
>>
>>     * MediaWiki: 1.10.1
>>     * PHP: 5.2.0 (cgi-fcgi)
>>     * MySQL: 4.1.21-standard
>>
>> Parser hooks
>> DynamicPageList2 (version 1.3.1)
>> ParserFunctions
>>
>> Extension functions
>> wfSetupParserFunctions, wf_include, wfDynamicPageList3 and wfDynamicPageList2
>>
>> Parser function hooks
>> #expr, #if, #ifeq, #ifexpr, #switch, #ifexist, #time, dpl, int, ns, urlencode, lcfirst, ucfirst, lc, uc, localurl, localurle, fullurl, fullurle, formatnum, grammar, plural, numberofpages, numberofusers, numberofarticles, numberoffiles, numberofadmins, numberofedits, language, padleft, padright, anchorencode, special and defaultsort
>>
>> $ grep ParserFunctions LocalSettings.php
>> require_once( "$IP/extensions/ParserFunctions/ParserFunctions.php" );
>> $ ls extensions/ParserFunctions/ParserFunctions.php
>> extensions/ParserFunctions/ParserFunctions.php
>> ls extensions/ExtensionFunctions.php
>> extensions/ExtensionFunctions.php
>>
>> Any hints on how to fix this would be much appreciated!
>
> Is this a public wiki? If so, can we have the URL?

Well, it's semi-public - read only except for registered users, and
it's only a week or so old, so we're still using the monobbok skin,
for example. I need to get this #if problem fixed so we can go on
to more aesthetic issues :-) and there's so much to get up to speed
on!

There's a test page at
http://middleton-stjohns.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Test
{{Test}}
{{Test
|x=xyzzy
}}
and the template it uses is at
http://middleton-stjohns.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Template:Test
{|
|}
and Test renders as
{{#if: |yes|no}}
{{#if: xyzzy|yes|no}}

The only source code modification is to fix the bug in Language.php, line
1137, missing an "else" (there is an entry in bugzilla for this).

If you need an account to diagnose this, please let me know.

-- Frank