[Mediawiki-l] Is dynamic content searchable?

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 19:17:59 UTC 2007

On 16/08/07, Flip Mozart <flipmozart at yahoo.com> wrote:
>   Hi!  I'm writing a custom tag that fetches data from external sources and embedded in a page (view) "on the fly".  My question is: would the dynamic data retrieved in such a fashion be searchable using MediaWiki's keyword search (or perhaps Semantic MediaWiki's Semantic Search)???

*In theory*, if you can insert the appropriate data into the search
index, then yes, it would be searchable. The main issue with this is
that if you're fetching data on the fly, and if this data is
constantly changing, then you're going to run into difficulties
keeping that index current without performing a (potentially
expensive) update on each page view.

Rob Church