[Mediawiki-l] ParserFunctions seem not to be working

Frank Middleton f.middleton at apogeect.com
Thu Aug 16 15:42:32 UTC 2007

Having spent a day re-reading TFM and Googling, I am getting
no closer to solving a problem with parser functions not working.

Something complicated like DPL works like a charm, but not something
basic like {{#if: {{{x|}}}|yes|no}} which renders as {{#if: |yes|no}}.
Obviously I am missing something /really/ fundamental! I believe it
is installed correctly:

Special pages Special:Version:

    * MediaWiki: 1.10.1
    * PHP: 5.2.0 (cgi-fcgi)
    * MySQL: 4.1.21-standard

Parser hooks
DynamicPageList2 (version 1.3.1)
ParserFunctions

Extension functions
wfSetupParserFunctions, wf_include, wfDynamicPageList3 and wfDynamicPageList2

Parser function hooks
#expr, #if, #ifeq, #ifexpr, #switch, #ifexist, #time, dpl, int, ns, urlencode, lcfirst, ucfirst, lc, uc, localurl, localurle, fullurl, fullurle, formatnum, grammar, plural, numberofpages, numberofusers, numberofarticles, numberoffiles, numberofadmins, numberofedits, language, padleft, padright, anchorencode, special and defaultsort

$ grep ParserFunctions LocalSettings.php
require_once( "$IP/extensions/ParserFunctions/ParserFunctions.php" );
$ ls extensions/ParserFunctions/ParserFunctions.php
extensions/ParserFunctions/ParserFunctions.php
ls extensions/ExtensionFunctions.php
extensions/ExtensionFunctions.php

Any hints on how to fix this would be much appreciated!

Thanks -- Frank