[Mediawiki-l] New to wiki software, have some questions for large-scale deployment

Seth Brundle brundlefly76 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 16 02:28:48 UTC 2007

I am being tasked to select a scalable wiki platform for large-scale internet deployment.
The site is already a top 20 site and will have the wiki element added.

A few questions:

1. What wiki platforms should I be looking to put on my short list for evaluation?
2. Need pointers to articles referencing large-scale deployment, pros and cons of different caching strategies, and some examples of large-scale architectures.

..and anything else along these lines - I have compiled a good deal of information so far, just want to make sure Im not missing anything outside of what I've been able to dig up so far.

I was hoping to find s solution which generated static HTML (for pageviews only) for performance and administrative simplicty, but havent really found any that fit the bill.

PS OS is freebsd ideally.

Thanks.