[Mediawiki-l] page protection through encryption?

Oliver Kohll oliver at gtwm.co.uk
Wed Aug 15 14:30:06 UTC 2007

Ah, I see. And there's no way to turn transcluding off? I can't find
a configuration setting for it.

On 15 Aug 2007, at 14:59, Frederik Dohr wrote:

>> What do you mean by transclusion workarounds?
>
> Well, imagine you try to protect [[secret:WorldDomination]].
> You couldn't directly access that site, because Apache would recognize
> the URL.
> However, you could still access the contents of that page by adding
> the
> following to any non-restricted page: {{secret:WorldDomination}} -
> here
> MW would simply pull the contents of that protected page from the
> database and include it in the non-restricted page.
>

> -- F.

> !DSPAM:505,46c306e897651572219304!

oliver at gtwm.co.uk / 0845 456 1810 / 07814 828608
The Old Bank, 4 Ravenhill Rd, Swansea SA5 5AW, UK

NOTE
No contracts may be concluded on behalf of GT webMarque by means of e-
mail
communications. The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the
intended recipient at the e-mail address to which it has been addressed;
it may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than this addressee,
nor may it be copied in any way. If received in error please return to
sender via e-mail.

DISCLAIMER
Please note that neither GT webMarque Ltd nor the sender accept any
responsibility for viruses transmitted via e-mail. It is your
responsibility to scan attachments (if any).