[Mediawiki-l] Need assist on Login hang!

Russell, Elizabeth earussell at tva.gov
Wed Aug 15 12:47:20 UTC 2007

Thank you platonides.  But I do feel like a total dope.
/tmp was set as follows:  "drwxrwxr-x  11 root sys   4096 Aug 14 12:12
tmp"

I immediately checked the .bash_history files for the only two logged-on
users (myself and the one other user both have access to root), but have
no idea how the tmp permissions got reset.  Possibly something was
running as sys(?) and temporarily changed permissions on tmp then
died?????  I've fixed /tmp, and now sessions are working again.

In the meantime, I got good practice in turning on debug for all
components of wiki.  Now I'll practice turning off all the debug
options.

Thanks again,
Beth Russell