[Mediawiki-l] Threaded discussion pages?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 11:48:27 UTC 2007

> > - every comment is a regular wiki page
>
> Every single comment? Or every thread?
> It might be somewhat paranoid (and ignorant) of me, but the idea of
> storing every single comment as a separate wiki page makes me cringe.

Every single comment. It makes me cringe too, since the naming is very
ad hoc. Something involving subpages would help, I would think
(assuming a comment cannot be moved between threads or part of
multiple threads, they can all the subpages of the comment they are a
reply to, so you only have a top-level page for original posts, so one
page per thread).