[Mediawiki-l] Need assist on Login hang!

Russell, Elizabeth earussell at tva.gov
Tue Aug 14 19:01:30 UTC 2007

My wiki has been working fine for several weeks (albeit with low
activity), and now all of a sudden the login is hanging.

When I click on the login link the URL becomes:
http://[hostname]/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&returnto=Main_P
age
<http://[hostname]/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&returnto=Main_
Page>

The window goes blank, and nothing else happens.

I see nothing in the error logs.  Access log shows the last entry to be:
152.85.46.130 - - [14/Aug/2007:09:49:33 -0400] "GET
/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&returnto=Main_Page HTTP/1.1"
 200 3630

The 200 response code indicates everything's normal, and 3630 bytes were
returned, but I don't see anything on my screen.  When I do "view
source" I see an empty Body section, and nothing else...

	<HTML><HEAD>
	<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
	<BODY></BODY></HTML>

Has anybody else seen this, or canyou give any hints on what to look at?
I've tried turning on wgDebugLog but it's not showing anything either.
My next option may be to reboot, but no guarantees that things will be
cleaned up when I do that... The last reboot was Saturday (4 days ago).
I've logged on several times since then, only in the past few hours has
it started bombing out.

Help!

Thanks,
Beth Russell