[Mediawiki-l] Changing IP addresses in the database?

Sean O'Connor sean at transabled.org
Tue Aug 14 06:00:04 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I've been looking at the database structure and trying to figure this
one out, but I can't seem to find it.

I want to edit a series of IP addresses showing up in the "recent
changes" and in the "history" of pages.  I found the table
mw_recentchanges, and did an update of the fields in question.
However, these changes do not seem to reflect themselves when looking
at the Recent Changes page, even after clearing cache, doing hard
reloads of the browser and generally ensuring that the caching of MW
doesn't affect things.

I've looked at every other tables in the database, and can't seem to
find anywhere else that the IP addresses are kept (well, there was one
other table, but there were no records in there).

I've spent an hour on the Manual trying to find the information, to no avail.

Could a kind soul point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Sean