[Mediawiki-l] Survey? Forms, writing to the DB, emailing results, etc

Sean O'Connor sean at transabled.org
Sun Aug 12 05:02:49 UTC 2007

I've been looking at what extension might do the trick for me, but I'm
not too sure.  Maybe what I'm after is even (relatively) doable
without an extension, but being so new to mediawiki, I really am
clueless.

Here's what I need to do:  I want my users to answer a survey.  Once
they fill out the survey, they submit it.  The information from the
survey gets entered in a dedicated table in the database, and an email
gets sent to the Wiki's admin email, with the information from the
survey form.  I don't need the answers to be compiled and displayed on
the site, as that will be done manually at the end of the survey,
exporting to CSV, then playing with a spreadsheet.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can best achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Sean