[Mediawiki-l] Customising the Interface of WikiMedia

Alexis Moinet alexis.moinet at fpms.ac.be
Fri Aug 10 16:45:22 UTC 2007

Charlie Markwick wrote:

> Just out of interest can you point me to where I could have found this
> answer so I can try harder the next time a problem come up?
>
> Charlie

When you want to change a message diplayed somewhere in the website, the
first guess should always be to see the "system message". On the list of all
the special pages ([[Special:Specialpages]]), there is a link to that page :
System messages ([[Special:Allmessages]])

There you search for the text you want to change.

The second guess is to search this mailing list archives
(http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/) and www.mwusers.com
The third guess is googling the websites : *.mediawiki.org,
meta.wikimedia.org, *.wikipedia.org
4th guess : googling everywhere else
Finally ask the question here :-) (or, if you're a newbie, first ask here
because you have no idea what to look for on google ;-) )