[Mediawiki-l] Customising the Interface of WikiMedia

Charlie Markwick charlie-markwick at southcot.com
Fri Aug 10 15:47:20 UTC 2007

To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Customising the Interface of WikiMedia

normally, you should just edit the page [[MediaWiki:Sitesubtitle]] of
your wiki which contains that message

Alexis

Hmm sorry bit of a steep learning curve for me I'm not sure how to do
what you suggest - how do I get to that page?

Charlie

To: 'MediaWiki announcements and site admin list'

Sudden thought and edited the URL to read
"index.php?title=MediaWiki:Sitesubtitle"

Thought - "I'm not as stupid as I thought" as the page displayed. I
changed the entry but lo and behold nothing has altered, it still shows
as "The Free Encyclopedia". Really felt daft then so opened it up in
another browser that has an I and an E in it and bingo all there, it was
just caching.

Many many many thanks.

Just out of interest can you point me to where I could have found this
answer so I can try harder the next time a problem come up?

Charlie