[Mediawiki-l] My Wiki, long waiting times

Roger Chrisman roger at rogerchrisman.com
Fri Aug 10 05:46:42 UTC 2007

Arena Andrea wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when you visit http://www.italien.ch/de/wiki/Hauptseite , you have
> long waiting times until the  whole page is loaded.
> Why this?

Wait time is not long for me in Palo Alto to that page. Clicked around
the wiki and didn't find what I would call long waits. Pages loaded in
1 or 2 seconds. Free advice: I'd take "wiki" out of your wiki's path if
I were you and just suffice with "de", and that only if those are
German pages and you plan to host other languages, too -- keep your URL
as clean as possible. But that is a user speed matter, not a server
speed matter. Random tip: you have one too many slashes in the "Werbung
schalten" link of the page footer.

Good luck,

--
Roger Chrisman