[Mediawiki-l] texvc

Bruno Goncalves bgoncalves at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 22:24:28 UTC 2007

Hi Maurizio,

I tried adding the Sys.... to texvc.ml and recompile... the file was never
created. I had also tried to modify render.ml to include the full paths for
each tool and redirect stdout and stderr to a file instead of /dev/null,
nothing happened (except when I run texvc by hand, of course).
It seems that texvc is not actually being run. I just wish I knew why...

Bruno

On 8/9/07, Maurizio Vitale <maurizio.vitale at polymath-solutions.com> wrote:

> On Aug 9, 2007, at 5:46 PM, Bruno Goncalves wrote:
>
> > Dear All,
> >
> > Any ideas? Texvc still refuses to work from inside mediawiki, but
> > if I run
> > the command that shows up in the debug file, it runs fine.
> > I've modified render.ml so it doesn't delete the tex. aux, etc..
> > files. When
> > texvc is run "by hand" the files are where you would expect them,
> > but when
> > running from within mediawiki they are not created. My guess is
> > that for
> > some reason texvc isn't even being executed (although setting
> > $wgTexvc='/bin/echo' works as expected). Any ideas? Without tex
> > support
> > mediawiki is useless to me...
>
> Well, I think from the symptoms seen up to now that texvc does run.
> None of the files that it deletes are created by texvc itself(some
> are from latex,
> some from dvips, maybe some from dvipng), so the fact they're not
> there doesn't
> mean texvc doesn't run.
>
> If you want to be sure that texvc does run, have it modify the state.
> You could log stuff, but I don't know how I/O is redirected or you
> could add
> something like:
>         Sys.command ("touch /tmp/texvc_has_run");
> to texvc.ml (the line after 'let _ =' is a good place)
> [and recompile, of course]
> if after rendering a page with <math></math> tags you find tat file
> in /tmp
> you can be sure that texvc has indeed been run.

Another thing that may be happening is that texvc cannot execute

Email: bgoncalves at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 712-2441
Fax:   (404) 727-0873