[Mediawiki-l] Main Page?

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Wed Aug 8 21:50:30 UTC 2007

> From: "Rob Church" <robchur at gmail.com>
>
> On 08/08/07, rek2GNU/Linux <rek2 at binaryfreedom.info> wrote:
>> How do I remove the ugly "Main Page" tittle?
>
> Pop the following in the MediaWiki:Common.css page:
>
> body.page-Main_Page h1.firstHeading { display: none; }

Another thing to consider is using some other page for your "main
page." The page "MediaWiki:Mainpage" contains the name of the page
you want to be your home page. Thus http://www.EcoReality.org takes
you to the page "Welcome to EcoReality!"

Yet another technique: put a #REDIRECT on your "Main Page" to make it
go wherever you want. It will make a little "(Redirected from Main
Page)" note, but otherwise does what you want. Unlike the
MediaWiki:Mainpage hack, this one does not require admin privs --
unless the admin has locked Main Page.

:::: The income gap between the rich and the rest of the US
population has been growing so fast, that it might eventually
threaten the stability of democratic capitalism itself. -- Alan
Greenspan ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::