[Mediawiki-l] texvc

Bruno Goncalves bgoncalves at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 17:18:59 UTC 2007

On 8/8/07, Maurizio Vitale <maurizio.vitale at polymath-solutions.com> wrote:

> On Aug 8, 2007, at 11:54 AM, Bruno Goncalves wrote:
>
> > Dear All,
> >

> >>         - try to replace texvc with a shell script that echoes the
> >> result
> >> you get from the command line.
> >>           This way you can try to isolate the problem and know for
> >> sure
> >> whether it is a subprocess communication
> >>            issue.
> >

> > setting $wgTexvc to be '/bin/echo' I get:
> >
> > TeX: /bin/echo '/var/www/html/wiki/images/tmp'
> > '/var/www/html/wiki/images/tmp' '
> > n^2' 'UTF-8'
> > TeX output:
> >  /var/www/html/wiki/images/tmp /var/www/html/wiki/images/tmp n^2 UTF-8
> >

> I should have been clearer. What I meant was to point $wgTexvc to an
> executable file containing something like:
>
>    #!/bin/sh
>    echo "the output you're getting from the command line invocation"
>    exit 0

humm... this just keeps getting stranger...

if I run the same texvc command by hand I get as output:
"+7db31f1ef8b4b7d1bfcc94576455fa0a";
Using :

#!/bin/sh
echo "+7db31f1ef8b4b7d1bfcc94576455fa0a";
exit 0;

I get the same error. However, if I edit includes/Math.php and add

$contents="+7db31f1ef8b4b7d1bfcc94576455fa0a";

just after the

$contents=`$cmd`;

line (in effect overriding it), it works fine. So it seems to me that, for
some reason, Math.php is able to receive the output directly from echo (if I
set $wgTexcv to /bin/echo", but not from texvc directly or a shell script.
I'm totally clueless at this point.

what OS are you running your server on?

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4

 Hope somebody else out there has any ideas.
Thanks!

Bruno

Bruno Miguel Tavares Goncalves, MS
PhD Candidate