[Mediawiki-l] Short URL reflecting wiki structure, no www

Ralph Hulslander rph at rovenet.com
Wed Aug 8 15:54:50 UTC 2007

Sean, re:
"> First, I want to make sure that the www is never used in urls, and
> that if someone types in www.mydomain.com, the page that loads is
> mydomain.com.  I think have managed to stop jumping from www to no-www
> between loging in by using $wgServer = "http://mydomain.com"; in my
> localsettings.php page, but someone can still load a page by typing
> the www in the address bar.  Any thoughts on this one?"

I am only beginnig with mediaWiKi so I do not know what you might be able to
do there but
you can force everyone to use http://mydomain.com by setting the DNS.
Go to your Registra and remove the www pointer and add just mydomain
mydomain will of course point to your IP.

Ralph