[Mediawiki-l] parser allocation error message

Dave Sigafoos davesigafoos at sanmar.com
Wed Aug 8 14:25:32 UTC 2007

".. consisting of a large number of regular expressions .."

I knew regular expressions would be my undoing.  Nothing sneaker than
calling something 'regular' when it is anything but <G>

".. a haphazard harmony of edge cases, so it's quite plausible that
parsing a large amount of wiki text can lead to memory limit exhaustion
if you're
doing a large page with a lowish limit.."

Is there a way to up the 'lowish limit'?

"There is a stone tablet somewhere in Santa Ana, which states that a
man shall go insane before he truly understands the way of the Parser."

So .. which of you MW guys are the insane one .. I would hate to guess
<G>

Thanks

DSig
David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation