[Mediawiki-l] Problem Converting SVG Images to thumb withimagemagick

Schmid, Wolfgang W.Schmid at t-systems.com
Wed Aug 8 11:41:50 UTC 2007

ImageMagic was the only precompiled package for Sun Solaris. Therefore
it
was my first choice.

> > Is it a better solution to compile the newest version from source or
> > compile any of the other tools
> > like Sodipodi or Inkscape?
> > Which tool is used in MediaWiki/Wikipedia?
>
> rsvg (from librsvg), which is quite straightforward to compile,
> although there might be packages for Solaris.
>
> http://librsvg.sourceforge.net/

There exists only a basic library librsvg-2.so.2.0.1 (part of system
installation), no executable rsvg, no packages for Sparc Solaris.
I'll download librsvg and all dependecies and compile it from source.

Thanks for your comments.

-- Wolfgang --