[Mediawiki-l] texvc

Bruno Goncalves bgoncalves at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 19:34:27 UTC 2007

Hi Maurizio,

Things keep getting stranger and stranger... indeed, I'm not getting any
output from the texvc command, although the command itself seems to be
correct:

TeX: ./math/texvc '/var/www/html/wiki/images/tmp'
'/var/www/html/wiki/images/tmp' '\sqrt{n^2}' 'UTF-8'
TeX output:

---
OutputPage::sendCacheControl: private caching;  **
Request ended normally
[bgoncalves at azrael wiki]$

And if I run the command manually from the wiki directory, it works fine:

[bgoncalves at azrael wiki]$ pwd
/var/www/html/wiki
[bgoncalves at azrael wiki]$ ./math/texvc '/var/www/html/wiki/images/tmp'
'/var/www/html/wiki/images/tmp' '\sqrt{n^2}' 'UTF-8'
+7db31f1ef8b4b7d1bfcc94576455fa0a[bgoncalves at azrael wiki]$

with the png image ending up in /var/www/html/wiki/images/tmp.
Anything else you can think of?
Thanks for all the help!

Bruno

On 8/7/07, Maurizio Vitale <maurizio.vitale at polymath-solutions.com> wrote:

> On Aug 7, 2007, at 1:08 PM, Bruno Goncalves wrote:
>
> > Hi Maurizio,
> >

> > - you have to have dvipng installed, in addition to LaTex
> >

> > I do.
> >
> > - if texvc is not run you see a red box telling you so where you'd
> >> normally expect math equations to appear.
> >

> > I see red letters saying "*Failed to parse (unknown error): \sqrt{n}"*
> >
> This means that texvc is run but Math.php doesn't understand the
> returned HTML
> or (more likely) you get no output from texvc. In Math.php line 69
> you can print
> the variable $content and see what it looks like.
> If you're under Windows I'd investigate the communication between PHP
> and the subprocess
> running texvc.
>

> > I have modified texvc so as not to delete the auxiliary files. I
> > couldn't
> > find anywhere on Math.php where it did this.
> >

> You're right. That's in texvc. Bad memory.
>
> > Any more ideas?
> >
> I'm afraid not. Unfortunately I don't know much of PHP and I have to
> fight my way through these
> things by trial and error.

Bruno Miguel Tavares Goncalves, MS
PhD Candidate