[Mediawiki-l] texvc

Bruno Goncalves bgoncalves at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 17:08:12 UTC 2007

Hi Maurizio,

- you have to have dvipng installed, in addition to LaTex

I do.

- if texvc is not run you see a red box telling you so where you'd
> normally expect math equations to appear.

I see red letters saying "*Failed to parse (unknown error): \sqrt{n}"*

- by default Math.php runs ./math/texvc. You've to make sure that
> that file exists and is executable (and works).

I've ran it by hand (as the server user) and it runs fine.

   alternatively you can set $wgTexvc to the path of your system
> installed texvc
> - and of course you have to set $wgUseTex to true

of course.

one more thing: the fact that you don't see auxiliary files is
normal: Math.php deletes them after running texvc.
If you go into that file you'll find comments on how to prevent this
deletions (for debugging purposes)

I have modified texvc so as not to delete the auxiliary files. I couldn't
find anywhere on Math.php where it did this.

Any more ideas?
Thanks!

Bruno

hth