[Mediawiki-l] texvc

Bruno Goncalves bgoncalves at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 16:12:01 UTC 2007

Hi Dan,

This is most likely what is covered in the readme file. Read the
> troubleshooting section, you need to install AMS.
>
> http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/phase3/math/README?view=markup

I had tried following the trouble shooting suggestions... As far as I can
tell, everything should work.
I have a full LaTeX installation, since that's what I normally use to
typeset my papers.
I can run texvc correctly as the web server's user, it can read and write
from /var/www/html/wiki/math and /var/www/html/wiki/images/tmp. I've even
tried to follow the "hacking" suggestions to see if I could figure it out,
but to no avail... Although I have noticed that when I run texvc by hand it
creates the aux, tex, etc... files (I've commented out the deletion part of
render.ml) and when it's run through wikimedia it doesn't. My guess is that
it isn't even calling texvc...

Does any of the more experienced users have any suggestions?
Thank you!

Bruno

~Daniel Friesen(Dantman) of The Gaiapedia, Wikia Graphical Entertainment
> Project, and Wiki-Tools.com
>
> Bruno Goncalves wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I've just finished installing mediawiki. Everything went fine, except
> for
> > the TeX configuration...
> > I've successfully compiled texvc and it runs correctly from the command
> > line. However, typing
> >
> > <math>\sqrt{n}</math>
> >
> > in a post, results in:
> >
> > *Failed to parse (unknown error): \sqrt{n}***
> > I've set $wgTexvc, $wgUseTeX and $wgEnableUploads. Am I missing
> something?
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Bruno

Bruno Miguel Tavares Goncalves, MS